Today was the last time that I walked in my house in katy. It was surreal--I kept thinking, seriously, this is only brick and drywall how could you become so attached to it. On the other hand though, this was my home. These walls had all my memories in them. This is where I got ready for my first dance, cried, grew up, slept & knew that I could come and feel safe. It was were my dad would post quotes and pictures on my mirror, it was where my family would eat dinner together every night and each year stand by the stairs and take our yearly jingle bell jog picture. It's hard for me to imagine another kid coming home from school and have their mom waiting for them--I see that as my house and my memory. I can't see anyone else cherishing this in that house. I looked at my room and remembered how excited I was to have a room upstairs and with my own bathroom in the 7th grade. As I stood there 10 years later, empty again, with tears in my eyes I was reminded of the verse in Matthew that says, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break and destroy. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:19-21) I am so reminded that while this home has so many memories, it truly is just walls and brick. My real treasure is in heaven and my Lord. While it's ok to be sad--it's never easy saying bye to an amazing chapter of your life, I cannot forget that my God is so much more fabulous than this Katy house. Imagine how much greater my treasures will be in heaven praising Jesus with my brothers & sisters, than here on earth. wow!
be fabulous.
-K
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Coming to an end...
Posted by k•gail's at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment